Up and running

I got my site back up and running last night. I’m still on WordPress because I still have questions about how Hugo works and until I get those answered I’m keeping the site the way it is.

To get back online I deleted my WordPress installation and started fresh. I was able to plug in the database information during installation and use my existing stuff. No fuss, no muss.

There is one strange thing going on. Some of my posts have had the apostrophe replaced with what looks to be encoded representations. It’s weird and I’ve fixed up a few.

This time around I didn’t install a bunch of plugins and the site is super quick. No Jetpack, no caching, nothing. Just a couple small plugins that come with the installation. That’s it.

I’m also using a WordPress default template for now because it works.

I still hope to move to Hugo but I need to get some questions answered first. More later.

By Rob Fahrni

Husband / Father / Developer